9 Phases of Qi CultivationPosted by Annamarie Pamphilis on Sep 10, 2022 in Health Blog | 0 comments
Roger Jahnke, a Doctor of Chinese Medicine and creator of Tai Chi Easy, has dedicated his professional life to sharing the healing traditions of China. He is the director of the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi, in Santa Barbara, Calif., and author of The Healer Within and The Healing Promise of Qi.
Explore the following forms with Dr. Jahnke with the 9 Phases of Qi Cultivation. Enjoy!
Earth (jing) section — Focuses on the body; strengthens the jing (material basis for the physical body). Promotes energy to enjoy life and share joy with others.
1) Discover Qi — Forming the Ball of Qi
2) Gather Qi — Gathering Qi from Heaven and Earth
3) Circulate Qi — Inner Rivers Flowing
Heart-mind (Qi) section — Focuses on the nervous system, thoughts, emotions. Allows one to sustain calm in the middle of life’s stresses.
4) Purify Qi — Clearing the Small Universe
5) Direct Qi — Trace the Channels
6) Conserve Qi — Watching Clouds Pass
Spirit (Shen) section — Focuses on opening up to one’s true being expressing highest self.
7) Store Qi — Bathing the Marrow
8) Transform Qi — Immortal Dragon Cultivating Golden Elixir
9) Dissolve in Qi — Dissolve Into Light